Sunday, November 21, 2010

Parting ways...



She looked at me, emotionless.

Her mascara-stained eyes were as usual dark, applying extra depth in her face and character.

It was a shame that I couldn't tell her that I was going away, anyway.

The crowd kept making their way around us hurriedly.

"Maybe I should just go..." She gave her last smile, with every thought of meeting me again, unknowingly parting for a lifetime.

Her cream colored 'Pongol' saree kept getting hazier and at last disappeared from my watery eyes.






Nov '10

4 comments:

  1. Just love the second image..compliments your write up all the more..

    From your blog till now..one thing is for sure..you show yourself quite like a hard and tough guy..And by these writing they come out to be the nut inside the shell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I think everyone has a soft part inside him/her.

    about the image, I love it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat is there about this pongol saree...i guess i read about it in 'smell' too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Pongol' is a very important saree. You'll know when you wear one. :) :)

    ReplyDelete