Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Notes from a living room: 37

So the other day I was on my way to catch the metro and inside, as I was approaching the ticket counter a girl came in front of me from nowhere and asked me something. I looked up, saw her face and realised that she has asked something like 'Will this be the shortest route to New Alipur, if I take this exit..'

It was obviously, a formal question, nothing to do with any questionable behavior. A formal, normal question from a normal citizen to another normal citizen. And then something happened which amazed me.

A man, who was coming from behind, almost twenty feet away from us answered her question, before I could even open my mouth. 'What on earth?' I literally uttered. Here he was, approximately twenty feet away to an unknown person who has been asked a question by another unknown person, and he answered it with a nod and loud gibberish. For God's sake let people talk to others on the road, if and when they want. Another sex-starved citizen? Perhaps, yes. I have seen multiple occasions when unknown people come forward to help pretty girls on the road, specially when they start talking in English. Another personal experience, almost two-three years ago. But more of that, perhaps some other day.


Okay. Time to note down some of my weirdest conversations I have with me at my venture of evening walks.

"Okay, so you are single."

"Yes"

"Means available, right?"

"Not really."

"Then you must be committed. Right?"

"I am not committed, either."

"Then you must've faced a break-up recently, and that's the reason you are not up for another relationship real soon. I must be right this time."

"In that case, I should say I haven't faced a break-up in my life. How's that?"

"Tell me seriously, you like girls, don't you?"

"Yes, in general. Why?"

"Are you gay?"

"No, I'm not."


I scratch my head for the next topic. Someone in the footpath looks at me in surprise. 

"What's bothering you, really?"

"I don't know. I never really realised why had she said nothing to me before going away. She obviously misinterpreted my intentions, never really realised my feelings about her, and hence the misconception."

"Do you regret? I mean, not having her?"

"As a friend? Well, yes, sure."

"Ehh?"

"Umm, well, now that I look at it, I think it's quite alright. I have been through this for as long as six years now. I'd know better. You're right, maybe I don't regret it at all."

"Great. Isi baat mein ek gaana ho jaaye...." (I punched this now. Ofcourse I was listening to this in my room and thought it would be nice to put the song here.)




Kitni Baatein Yaad Aati Hain
Tasverein Si Ban Jaati Hain
Main Kaise Inhein Bhooloon, Dil Ko Kya Samjhaon
Kitni Baatein Kahane Ki Hain
Hothon Par Jo Sahmi Si Hain
Ek Roz Inhein Sun Lo, Kyun Aise Gumsum Ho
Kyun Poori Ho Na Payee Daastan
Kaise Aayee Hain Aisi Dooriyaan











































  



































No comments:

Post a Comment