Monday, October 15, 2012

Notes from a living room: 40

This is going to be a depressing post. So for the happy-go-lucky people, stay away.


I hate this time of the year. I just so much hate it. It's not only because I start feeling so lonely and depressed and dejected and bored out of nowhere, but it's also because of the fact that out of nowhere, people start coming in from everywhere, hold hands in public, go places, be happy. And of all the people, I stay inside my room, and curse them.

I never really realised the importance of a Durga Puja. That too on a large scale like this. Yes, the only good thing that has happened to me during Durga Puja is that TOI decided somewhere around five or six years ago that they'll start publishing a separate paper on a given day in Puja and some young writer's selected stories will be published. But what the hell. This year, they have dropped that. Which will only mean that whatever thrill I enjoyed waiting for the Puja to come and see whether any of my writings have been published is taken away from me completely. So all that remains is hatred now. Hatred, ignorance, curse, dejection, depression....and you can add a series of negative expressions to that list if you can think of any more.



Things were not like this before. Not always, obviously. But then again, people betray. So does time. Good God! I enjoyed the fifteen odd minutes of Durga Puja in 2008 and two hours in 2010. But times change. And that's the catastrophe.


I am going to attach two pictures I have in my computer, about Puja.


                                              [ Picture Deleted ]


Picture above was taken on Durga Puja 2010, the only time I was out with my friends. I wouldn't say it was a bad time, but at the end of the Puja, I messed up my life pretty big. Very big. 

 
Picture above was taken by me in Varanasi. It was Dasami. The place where it is taken is called Godhuliya.




Good, now that I have vented my depression and boredom in here, you people can go off to your respective boyfriends and girlfriends and have a nice time. Until your lonely writer here comes up with something once again...enjoy your holidays.

4 comments:

  1. It's depressing, not because the writer was depressed. That was years ago. The writer gets to enjoy Durga Puja processions but the reader doesn't. The reader is envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why would the reader not get a chance to enjoy the Durga Puja? Not staying abroad, are you?

      Delete
  2. The reader lives in the southern part of the country. People don't celebrate Durga puja as much here. The writer must've known that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see. Couldn't guess your identity. Hence was the assumption.

      Delete