Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Love, Forever



She looked beautiful. Although her mascara stained eyes told me she had cried, moments ago.

And then I see a shadow hiding in the dark. 

‘You look lovely’, I say, as we make way towards the restaurant. She smiles briefly, but doesn’t answer.

She doesn’t talk much, throughout the dinner. An unmindful soul, she has turned into.

On the platform, as we wait to catch the last train, I see a man coming towards us.

‘Go away.’ She cries out. ‘I don’t love you…’

The man keeps looking at her, with his watery eyes. He gets down in front of her on his knees. He murmurs, but doesn’t talk.

She covers her eyes and says those words again.

He’s a middle aged man, with dirty outfit and a rugged look on his face, begging something to her putting his hands together in front of him. 

‘I love this man now’ she points towards me, gasps in silence and continues to weep.

The December wind blows now. It brings the chills from the south and makes me shiver. The lonely platform is looking at me in surprise. The distant signal turns green now. Our train is coming.

I hold her hand and pull her towards me. She weeps, weeps hard.

The train enters the platform now.

I look at the man. He is still on his knees.

‘I am sorry. I really am. But it wouldn’t have worked between us.’ I touch her chin.

She looks at me in surprise.

‘I don’t love you. I never did’ I say, as I look into her eyes.

I board the train as she stands there, stranded. 

‘Go get your love.’ I shout to her, as the glass door shuts in front of me. 


Goodbye my love, forever. 



- March 3rd, '13.

1 comment: