Tuesday, October 26, 2010

...Seven days

Jeremy Brett (1933-1995) who played Sherlock Holmes in Fox History Entertainment for the series 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' has one more fan from now on. And that's me. Read about him. Was quite a character himself. Remains the best 'Sherlock Holmes' ever anyway.

I like 'Do nishaaniyan' and 'Call me dil' from 'Jhootha hi sahi'. AR Rahman touches heart.


"Kisi insaan ka kathhor dil hona kanoonan jurm nahi mana jata..." (Regards 'The Greek Interpreter' Sherlock Holmes' thoughtful comment about love)


Killing an emotion within your heart is painful. It's true no one knows my intent. I have faces and they change. But when people cry, they have only one face. Face of gloom, dejection and whatever sad things there are...


I have hated this city for most of the time...but never got a chance to thank it for the beautiful moments it created for me out of nothing when I yearned for them so much. Thank you Kolkata...for the evenings you made a boy happy by making him walk with a girl, for creating innumerable occasions to make him smile with her, for the magical moments when he thought he could relive his dreams of love and for giving him the opportunity to have an evening out with the girl out of a whole book of rules and regulations. Life was not that good for anyone, and still you made everyone's day by keeping something good for everyone. And wherever I will be, I will always remember you.


Let's don't cry for the thousand of reasons and bad happenings of our lives...but let's celebrate that one single thing that brings smiles in our faces whenever we think about it. I know I have tears in my eyes while typing these lines, but may be these are tears of happiness, for all the happy memories I have with me, kept as treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment