Friday, August 19, 2011

Notes from a living room: 3

Sitting at one of the most silent places I have ever come across, the Golpark Ramakrishna Mission library, chilled to bones from the air-conditioner fixed a few feet above my head, with Ruskin Bond's 'Rain in the Mountain' in hand, and a romantic thought in my mind, that one day someone will gift me one of these books written by Bond and I will literally break into tears in her arms, I cried.


Within the first six hours of daylight the day proved again that my simcat-5 was going to be a futile one. Sad, I wanted to find peace somewhere. Had a sleep of half an hour which made me feel lazy all over again. And then I got up, had tea and realised it was time I gave a visit to the library. Within half an hour I was on my way to Golpark.


And then what else? Read 'Rain in the Mountain' again. It touches a person's soul every time you give it a read. Such a simple person, such a simple way of writing he has put up in it...sometimes I wonder, why on earth did he not get more fame than what he has now. Copied a poem written by him, which was put up in relation to love and friendship in the book, and I will love to share it here.

Enough for me that you are beautiful:
Beauty possessed diminishes
Better a dream of love
Than love's dream broken;
Better a look exchanged
Than love's word spoken
Enough for me that you walk past
A firefly flashing in the dark



My grandmother (My mother's mother) has come over by the way. She was unwell for some time and my mother went to the uncle's place and brought her here. Didi, Debasis da and my little niece are coming tomorrow. A yellow shirt, they carry for me. And I find this world funny enough to laugh about it in silence.

Possibilities are what drives us. Possibilities are on which we live. Do I have the power to find out the right possibilities? Time will tell.

-19th August, '11

No comments:

Post a Comment