Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Notes from a living room: 22

"Don't. Sooner or later, you'll have to leave."

"Do you think I don't know all these?"

"No. I just think you have forgotten what is on stake here."

"I do remember what is on stake. And I do remember the rules. And don't compare me with anyone else...you have no idea what I have been through."

"I know that. I am only a small part of you. I just wanted to remind you something: momentary happiness hasn't done anything good to anyone. And you know this better than anyone else."

"You don't understand. There is a storm inside me, an everlasting fight... between dos and don't s, between happiness and gloom, between good and evil, between you and me...how am I supposed to suppress that?"

"Well...being a participant of this war, I would advise you to continue with it."

"And for once again, you don't understand my point. This war - it's not fair. So many times I have to kneel before the evil. And even if I'm on the side of good, I tend to lose the war. I am tired of this, and I would love to end it very soon."

"Nothing is fair in love and war Soumyo. Remember the rainy evening?"

"Don't play this nasty game with me."

"Well, you are making me."

"Oh, do you think I enjoy it?"

"No. The only thing I actually think, is that you need someone to remind you a few things very often. I could be your 'aegis', you know. Would you like me to be that for you?"

"Alright. Here is the thing. I know that you used that word intentionally. And let me be very clear with you. I am not playing games. Not with you, not with myself. Yes, I know the consequences, but I am matured enough to control it."

"Okay. Off I go then. I will see you at the other side of the story."

"By the way, you won't have to predict things anymore."

"And why is that so?"

"Because I'm the one who's going to predict things this time. My journey will end well. And it doesn't matter whether you want it or not. I can see it."

"Well, good luck, then!"


-Dec 27th '11

2 comments:

  1. positivity in the air...sounds good! :)
    Happy new year btw.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...seems so. :)

    And happy new year to you too.

    ReplyDelete