Thursday, October 25, 2012

Waiting for happiness



I was walking alone tonight when
I saw a couple. Happy, and dancing around each other
In the joy of being together.
The girl looked like you. 
And then it reminded me of you. 
Ah the days…when
We walked together for
Half an hour or so
And then you’d take the road straight, while
I’d take the turn and walk my way back home.
Life has been a road, quite straight for you
There were people, patiently waiting for you
On both side of the road.
Waiting, to pick you up
And start a happy journey together.
While I took the turn and walked my way
Admiring the wild flowers, and the bushes
Nevertheless, it was not the road less travelled
Because I made my own way –
The road made up of my blood.

And then after tens of hundreds years
When people will forget about the beauty you possessed
They will walk the way I made,
With my blood. Still fresh, red like a rose
Waiting to be gifted to someone special.
And after tens of thousands years
When people will forget about the smile you possessed
They will listen to the sigh a no one left
From the deepest core of his heart
Patiently waiting to be loved.

I smiled and laughed in my mind
When I saw the couple.
They took the road ahead, while I,
I took the road through the dark
Reminding about you.
I sat on the cold cement
With the December wind all over my face
And the shady lake smiling at me in silence

Waiting for happiness. 


(A few lines taken as notes given the look of a poem.)

1 comment: