Thursday, September 30, 2010

Scattered notes 8

A little sms drama. Sad, and irrespective of the fact that I knew that it was going to happen someday, this good bye thing, it’s really hard to believe (Alright now I must use the word ‘believe’ very carefully).



‘I see you’ve got Nil and forgotten me completely. Anyways good for you. At least you’ve got a new boyfriend.’

‘Who told you he’s my boyfriend? Don’t be silly. And I haven’t forgotten you…’

‘Nobody told me. I just figured it out. You’ve been talking to each other on the road as if I wasn’t there. You’ve been studying together. And he touches you as if he is one.’

‘I admit we were a little engrossed that day. I am sorry that I ignored you but nothing is going on between the two of us. Believe me.’

‘Anyway, doesn’t matter now. The thing is, I am not enjoying this threesome act. So I won’t be walking with you anymore.’

‘Ok. If that’s what you want.’

‘It’s not what I want. It’s how you make me want.’

‘What do you mean? What have I done wrong that you are so upset?’

‘Leave it. I must’ve been terribly wrong when I agreed to walk with you. Didn’t know, you could bring other guys in the middle too.’

‘What do you mean by other guys in the middle? What did you presume that walk to be?’

‘Don’t get too emotional. I just don’t want the ignorance. That’s all. May be an auto back home is better for me.’

‘Look I’m sorry about that day but I didn’t think you were feeling ignored considering that both you and Nil were laughing and having fun. May be I did or didn’t do something that I honestly don’t know is what…’

‘I said leave it. It’s cool. I’m not a fun-loving guy anyway. Btw I am almost done with your books. Will return them soon. ‘Eleven minutes’ was really good.’

‘Ok. Fine.’



And then it ended. A fresh air that came through the railings of IMS went away leaving bitter truths of life. I could’ve argued some more. But no one can compete with the word ‘presume’, I presume.

My hatred for the city has grown to the fullest. Want to leave it so badly. Talked to an old friend from N’pur today. He’s studying at Pondicherry. So badly need to get away.

What’s so special about this city? At the end of the day, it gives you experiences about everything but leaves you with nothing.

After so many years, once again I second Pallabi.


ps: She spelled the word 'presume' wrong way. And she lied that day when Nil asked her whether she gets above 30 in English. I have seen her marks. She hasn't even touched 30 a single time in English. What a shame, buddy. Have fun both you English and Maths teachers. I am off.

No comments:

Post a Comment